Add to Cart
8/21/2014 12:00:00 AM
After a year of owning the 8500, both 895 max remotes stopped working. Lights were bright, so I figured the batteries were good. Went though the programming steps on the wall switch = no good. Reset memory on wall switch = no good. Waited a day to cool down, then called LiftMaster support. Very helpful! They showed me a procedure for checking the batteries (8500 manual is wrong). There is a pin hole on the side of the remote. Stick a toothpick in there for a couple of seconds. Lights should now be on. Push a button. If the lights flash and go off, you need batteries. If the lights flash and stay on, your batteries are good. After I did this, one of my remotes starting working and the other needed batteries.
35 of 38 found this review helpful
10/12/2011 12:00:00 AM
16 of 73 found this review helpful
7/31/2014 12:00:00 AM
Had two garage door openers installed less than one year ago. The garage door openers work fine, but both remotes failed in less than one year. I can understand one failure, but two make me question the quality of the product.
31 of 34 found this review helpful
8/16/2014 12:00:00 AM
We got the Liftmaster garage door opener installed on June 2013. The two remote controler coming with the installation stop working occasionally after 8 month of normal usage, and totally out-of-work after 12 months.
I tried to re-program the remote control following the instruction but they never got learned by the opener.
9 of 11 found this review helpful
Location: San Jose, CA
8/17/2014 12:00:00 AM
I bought a new home with lift master openers and have 3 of these remotes. All 3 remotes have quit working within 9 months of living in our new home. I've changed the batteries in all 3 and spent hours trying to reprogram them. They will not stay in program mode during the process. DO NOT waste your money on these remotes. Highly disappointed with lift master.
7 of 8 found this review helpful
8/9/2014 12:00:00 AM
The opener was working fine until around a month ago. It was erratic for around a month and stopped working all-together this week. My other remote works fine so I know it's not the main unit.