1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority, at time of entry. Employees of The Chamberlain Group, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, or dealers of LiftMaster products and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on April 17, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 pm CST on June 30, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Online entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by July 31, 2017 and received by August 14, 2017.
3. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, there are two ways to enter. (1) You are entered automatically in the Sweepstakes when you purchase, have installed from an authorized LiftMaster dealer a qualifying garage door opener AND properly redeem the associated LiftMaster rebate offer. (Purchase and installation of qualifying garage door opener alone will not result in entry.) Rebate forms are available at participating LiftMaster dealers or online at https://liftmasterprograms.com. You must comply fully with the terms of the rebate offer. (The terms of the rebate offer are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.) Online rebate requests must be received by 11:59:59 pm CST on June 30, 2017. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by July 31, 2017 and received by August 14, 2017 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute, the person to whom funds are issued by Sponsor pursuant to a validated rebate request will be deemed to be the Sweepstakes entrant. (2) To enter without making a purchase and redeeming rebate, clearly and legibly hand-print your name, complete address, daytime phone number, date of birth, and email address on a 3”x5” card and mail to LiftMaster 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes; Dept. 11454, PO Box 5017, Stacy MN 55078-5017. Entries must be completed and submitted by the entrant him/herself. Requests must be postmarked by July 31, 2017 and received by August 14, 2017 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Receipt of 3”x5” card will not be acknowledged. LIMIT: One (1) entry per household. If it is discovered by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion using any evidence available to Sponsor that any person has attempted to (or actually has done any of the following): (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Sweepstakes Rules using any artifice or device; and/or (ii) use multiple names and/or identities to enter the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to engaging in any behavior that constitutes rebate fraud); then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she (and perhaps other members of his/her household) may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes, all of their entries voided and Sponsor reserves the right to pursue any and all available legal sanctions against such person (and perhaps other members of such person’s household). Your entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the rebate form or 3”x5” card (as applicable) is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the entry deadline. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Proof of submission of entry materials does not constitute proof of receipt or proof of Sweepstakes entry. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging agency.
4. DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS: On or about August 31, 2017, a random electronic drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted by an independent judging agency at its offices in Stacy, Minnesota USA, whose decisions are final and binding. The random drawing will be conducted to award the following prize:
One (1) Grand Prize consists of $50,000.00 (USD) in the form of a check.
Any additional costs and expenses not expressly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner, including all federal, state, and local taxes and duties, on Prize. Sponsor shall report winner’s receipt of prize to all applicable governmental authorities as required by law and winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor or its representatives relative to their compliance with such reporting requirements, including provision of his/her Social Security Number or like identification number; if winner is from the U.S., such notification will be in the form of an IRS 1099 Tax Form. No prize substitution. Prize is non-transferable. If potential winner cannot accept the Prize as stated, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the random drawing.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone, email and/or mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion approximately ten (10) business days after drawing and will be required to consent to a background check if required, complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and (where legal) a publicity release which must be returned within five (5) business days, or Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable (or if potential winner otherwise cannot be contacted by Sponsor/independent judging agency for any reason) will result in disqualification of potential winner and selection of an alternate winner. If selected in the drawing, a Canadian resident, in order to win, must first correctly answer a series of mathematical skill testing questions.
6. GENERAL: By participating, entrant agrees (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging agency, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies (including the independent judging agency), and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, as well as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses, liability, losses or damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of the prize, including liability for personal injury or death; and (c) if the winner, to the use by any of the Releases of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, biographical information and other indicia of persona for advertising trade and publicity purposes without notice or further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so, and to the possible announcement of their name, city and state/province/territory. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: (a) any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of rebate requests or entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) late, lost, illegible, postage-due, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries, rebate requests or mail; and (d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should viruses, bugs, or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation and notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at http://www.LiftMaster.com; (e) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless server provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE REBATE ELEMENT OF SAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In no event will Sponsor, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers and agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
7. LEGAL: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the award of the prize, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of law in Cook County, Illinois, (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant will be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Cook County, Illinois.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 30, 2017 to: LiftMaster 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 5017, Stacy, MN 55078-5017.
Sponsor: The Chamberlain Group, Inc., 300 Windsor Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.